The New Context is always interested in great submissions!
Who can submit to The New Context?
Submissions from current GPIA students are welcome, as well as alumni.
What format should submissions be?
Send an article, a poem, a photo essay, a video, a cartoon! The opportunities are endless. While we do not republish academic papers verbatim, we do welcome submissions influenced by particular New School classes or experiences. Please keep in mind that our main categories include Politics & Policy, Community, Media & Tech, and Arts.
Basic submission guidelines:
- Pitch a story or article, not a general topic.
- Be specific, be detailed, be bold.
- If including photos, you must have the right to use those images.
- Ask friends, neighbors, and subway seat buddies to copy edit and spell check before you submit a piece.
- Fact check, always.
- If your pitch is time sensitive, please make that openly apparent.
- Using GIFs is highly encouraged. We embed from Giphy, so just send us the link.
- Length of submissions is not regulated. If you can wow us with 200 words, that’s great. If you prefer 1000+, that’s quite alright as well. As a rule, we prefer quality > quantity.
- If you would like feedback, assistance, or guidance, let us know!
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org! We truly appreciate all submissions because without you, this site would cease to exist.
Extra consideration is given to people who list their favorite color in the subject line, “Seafoam Green – TNC article” for example.